WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
Killer Whale (c) E. Hawkins
- Each of us can make a difference to help ensure the survival of marine mammals and other animals for future generations.
- Pick up any rubbish on the beaches or near drains and dispose of properly.
- Buy ‘dolphin safe’ tuna products.
- Each sustainable seafood products.
- Do not pour hazardous waste down the drain.
- Reduce-reuse-recycle your garbage.
- Be a responsible boater and abide by whale & dolphin-watching boating regulations.
- When fishing, take any discarded line, bait packaging etc. with you when you leave and abide by marine parks fishing rules.
- Support & join non-government organisation campaigns by offering your financial support, signing petitions and volunteering.
- Write letters to local councils, state & federal government departments on issues that are affecting the environment and its wildlife.
- Support whale & dolphin research in Australia by offering funding or voluntary services.
- Set a good example for others in your use and enjoyment of the marine environment.
< Previous Next >