$60.00 – $250.00
Adopt A Dolphin – Smudge
Smudge (ID#24) is an adult female Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin. Her home range extends from Southern Moreton Bay to the Gold Coast where she prefers the shallow, estuarine habitats. Smudge has three unique small and distinct notches on the upper trailing edge of her dorsal fin. She is often seen hunting for bottom-dwelling fish along the edge of mangrove forests, seagrass beds and channels. Smudge has given birth to a new calf around every four years since she was first recorded. She is an important dolphin in the Gold Coast resident pod as one of the older breeding females. Smudge is a very attentive and protective mother, with her calves rarely leaving her side. Smudge and her calves, along with the rest of her pod, are very vulnerable due to their exposure to different threats from human activities including boating and fishing activities, pollution, habitat degradation and climate change.
Your dolphin adoption package will include:
- An official Adoption Certificate & Welcome Letter
- A special profile of the adopted dolphin
- Sticker, magnet and postcard
- Dolphin Fact Sheet and other information
- Subscription to Dolphin Research Australia’s enewsletters (4 issues a year)
- A limited edition poster print, exclusive to guardians
- Specials on merchandise
- AND One year subscription to our CetusGeo Whale & Dolphin Emagazine delivered straight to your inbox!
- Adoptions that are a purchased as a gift will be sent directly to the gift recipient
- Your purchase includes a physical adoption pack that will be sent via post to the mailing address specified.
- Allow 14-days for your adoption pack to be delivered by post within Australia. We will then send additional digital correspondence after 2 weeks has lapsed to ensure the pack has arrived. Please contact us if you would require a digital adoption pack only.
- Your adoption is valid for one year from the time of purchase.
- This is a symbolic adoption of a wild dolphin and we are unable to provide guarantees on when or where the dolphin may be sighted in the future.
- All funds raised through the purchase of symbolic adoptions go directly to our marine research, education and conservation programs.